14 Nov 2018

My sourdough experience

I have decided to try and make sourdough. It is quite a learning curve and the more you find out about it, the more it gets confusing. There is so much information out there.  I joined some facebook groups but I think I drove them nuts asking questions all the time.

First thing you need to do is make a starter which is water and flour and you let it rest, feed it daily and ferment. It took me 2 weeks to get my starter going and looking bubbly enough. 

Last week end I made my first bread. Not really impressive, very flat and heavy and sooooo dark. I didn't realie that T80 flour here in France would give such a dark loaf.  The bottom was pretty burnt as well, though that seems to be normal.


While getting the blade out of the protective covering to slash the dough I managed to slice my thumb. Not too deep thank goodness but enough to really hurt. As soon as it is healed though I will try again, this time with some lighter flour.

This is what a starter looks like. 
If any of you would like to know more about baking this way, let me know.












Thanks to all that read my blog, I appreciate it.

Hugs,



1 comment:

Cath Wilson said...

I think about you often, Joanne.
So sad that you're no longer with us. Thank you so much for your friendship, your talent and your visits over here.
You're missed in more ways than you could know.
Cath x