20 Jan 2014

My poinsettia

I haven't been keeping my blog up to date for a long time. I have been feeling a bit depressed this year for christmas. I didn't even send out any christmas cards,  and that has never happened, they often go out late but do go out. The good thing is I actually got some made and they will be put away in a safe place for next year. Don't ask where I put the ones I did last year :-)

We went to England for a week in November and I confided my beautiful poinsettia to a friend. She nearly killed it off....... afterwards admitting that the cat got at it, it got damaged in the car and it was in a room that was too cold. We got it back in a miserable condition. We are hoping it will pick up and astonishly it actually grew a few red leaves. This is a month after it got back but there are some new shoots so hope is there.


2 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Joanne. Sorry about the carer not caring for your plant Joanne..
Sad indeed and also about depression. Hard to cope with at Christmas.
You've nurtured the poinsettia back beautifully. Every blessing. Shaz in Oz.x

Anne said...

I think you have done a great job keeping your poinsettia as long as you have done, so to nurture it back from near death...wow! Green fingers indeedy! Bravo! I also had difficulty with Christmas cards last year, I just couldn't get into the mood at all. It happens. I love the cards you make and I was so blessed to receive a Christmas card which was stunning from you. So knowing it was one of very few, I feel extra blessed! I might even blog tonight..... :O) gros bisous!