23 May 2016

gardening

Jeff has been busy outside getting the garden ready for the summer now that the nice weather has arrived. Terrace cleaned properly with karcher of course and all the furniture moved out and put back. Everything is very green now and inviting. . The spring flowers have come and gone and now the summer ones are on their way.Irises, roses, lilac .........


  The back terrrace is nice and inviting now with my two rocking chairs, just hope for some nice weather now. It changes al the time here. We are looking forward to our first barbecue outside. It won't be next week end as we go to Lisbon on thursday for 5 days but maybe we will come back to some beautiful weather and have one the following week end.


He even bought me a standing planter so I can have a go at trying to grow things at my level. I am not very good at ground level, lol. I have planted some lettuce, radishes and a chili pepper plant in it. Strawberries are on flower as well, looking forward to eating them in a few weeks.


2 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah, Joanne, hubby's handiwork is truly wonderful, love it all... looks so inviting!!!!
Would love one of those raised garden beds at my place. :) superb!!
Shaz in Oz.x

Anne said...

I love your raised planter, just brilliant! Jeff has worked hard and so have you! Everything looks so neat and elegant, ready for summer eating outdoors! Thanks for sharing! xx